Thanks for stopping by. Why not subscribe?
Enter your email address in the box to the right (and a little bit down) to receive Perfect Whole essays in your inbox. Be sure to check your email or spam folder to confirm the subscription.
Julie Goldberg (Ed.M., MA, MLIS) has lived a life entirely too entangled with books. She is a school librarian, former English teacher, compulsive reader, and occasional jazz singer. She is seeking representation for her first novel, Lily in the Light of Halfmoon. You can follow her on Twitter @juliegoldberg, email her at email@example.com, and follow Perfect Whole on Facebook.
About Perfect Whole:
Perfect Whole is updated with a new essay on the first and fifteenth of every month, whether it needs it or not.
***As of January 15, 2013, Perfect Whole will no longer be updated on a regular schedule, while I complete my first novel. It will be updated from time to time, and may return to a regular schedule in the future.***
The title of the blog comes from a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson entitled “Each and All.”
Each and All
- Expanding the Universe
- Today’s Reason to Love the Humans
- “A Hologram for the King”
- What Would Dashiell Hammett Do?
- “Popping the Hood”
- Max Perkins: Editor of Genius
- The End.
- A New Year Every Day
- We Don’t Need Books to Free. We Need Them to be Brilliant.
- An Angel Packs a Suitcase
- The Other Julie Goldberg
- Lobbing Nerf Rocks
- Improvised Emergency Oil Candles
- “The Circus of Dreams”
- Perfect Whole, Superstorm Sandy Edition
- “One Lovely Blog”
- The Anti-Debate
- An Imperfect Conduit
- The Girl on the Garden State Parkway
- Against Positive Attitudes
- “Cromwell’s Long Game”
- Permission Slip
- Teach the Timeless
- Adventures in Bothmind
- Vocation, Virtue, and Jerry Sandusky
- What We Got for $140,000
- Common Ground in the Culture Wars
- Definitely Not the Opera
- A Year Has Passed
- Confession of Love
- Internettled? Work With It!
- This Essay is Not Living Up to Its Potential
- The Overthrow of the Queen
- Post-Apocalyptic Career Counseling, Part III
- Post-Apocalyptic Career Counseling, Part II
- Post-Apocalyptic Career Counseling, Part I
- Grand Unified Theory
A few things I was thinking about…
Recurring dreams5_Part_Series advice anti-bullying law A Room of One's Own attachment parenting authors baking blessing blogging books Bothmind brain bullying buttercream Christmas cocoon therapy commercials concussion conflict resolution consciousness consumerism diane ravitch digital immigrants digital natives DNTO economy editing education education reform employment entrepreneurship feminism flash fiction freaks freedom freewriting geeks Hanukkah internet letterboxing libraries love magnificent nose Marc Prensky materialism midlife crisis motherhood NJ Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights PACC perfectionism politics popularity post-traumatic stress disorder power publishing reading relationships religion romance solstice soul suicide survival teaching technology television turret unknown unknowns Virginia Woolf Waldorf education War on Christmas weeding wisdom writing Yule
- The twitter, she is funny. 2 hours ago
What I’m reading