Thanks for stopping by. Why not subscribe?
Enter your email address in the box to the right (and a little bit down) to receive Perfect Whole essays in your inbox. Be sure to check your email or spam folder to confirm the subscription.
Julie Goldberg (Ed.M., MA, MLIS) has lived a life entirely too entangled with books. She is a school librarian, former English teacher, compulsive reader, and occasional jazz singer. She is seeking representation for her first novel, Lily in the Light of Halfmoon. You can follow her on Twitter @juliegoldberg, email her at email@example.com, and follow Perfect Whole on Facebook.
About Perfect Whole:
Perfect Whole is updated with a new essay on the first and fifteenth of every month, whether it needs it or not.
***As of January 15, 2013, Perfect Whole will no longer be updated on a regular schedule, while I complete my first novel. It will be updated from time to time, and may return to a regular schedule in the future.***
The title of the blog comes from a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson entitled “Each and All.”
Each and All
- And then some history happened, and here we are.
- The Bulldozer
- Be A Happy Warrior
- The Perils of Prophecy
- “The Question Is”
- “The Schools”
- “How Kind of You to Come”
- Creating a Character Template
- Rejecting the Gratitude Challenge
- “Mom, What’s the Right Age to Start Having Sex?”
- Don’t Pray for Peace
- Alligators and Flash Fiction
- What Are We Preparing Our Students For?
- The People’s MFA
- “The Goldfinch”
- Querying is Like Hell, Except Your Friends Aren’t There, Part I
- A Terminal Curable Disease
- Expanding the Universe
- Today’s Reason to Love the Humans
- “A Hologram for the King”
- What Would Dashiell Hammett Do?
- “Popping the Hood”
- Max Perkins: Editor of Genius
- The End.
- A New Year Every Day
- We Don’t Need Books to Free. We Need Them to be Brilliant.
- An Angel Packs a Suitcase
- The Other Julie Goldberg
- Lobbing Nerf Rocks
- Improvised Emergency Oil Candles
- “The Circus of Dreams”
- Perfect Whole, Superstorm Sandy Edition
- “One Lovely Blog”
A few things I was thinking about…
- anti-bullying law
- A Room of One's Own
- attachment parenting
- cocoon therapy
- conflict resolution
- diane ravitch
- digital immigrants
- digital natives
- education reform
- flash fiction
- magnificent nose
- Marc Prensky
- midlife crisis
- NJ Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- The People's MFA
- unknown unknowns
- Virginia Woolf
- Waldorf education
- Today is a good day to stay off Twitter dot com. 26 minutes ago
What I’m reading